Benefits of Fireplace Maintenance :
- A proper fireplace tune up can prevent your fireplace from venting poorly, which increases the risk of carbon monoxide entering your home.
- Most gas fireplace emergency repairs come in during the winter, when homeowners need the warmth most.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to make sure your fireplace is in good working condition.
- Book maintenance service before or just after the winter, to ensure a breakdown doesn’t cause you more stress during the coldest days of winter.
- Regular fireplace maintenance will go a long way towards preventing a repair.
- We offer regular fireplace maintenance to keep your fireplace in working order.
Checklist for Fireplace Maintenance:
- Checking the power vent and fan kit operation, if applicable.
- Checking for proper ignition and combustion.
- Visually checking the venting, if accessible.
- Inspecting vent termination for proper combustion and ventilation air.
- Checking the gas pilot safety system.
- Checking for proper voltage to gas valve.
- Painting the firebox as required.
- Cleaning and adjusting the pilot assembly spark ignition and burners.
- Cleaning the glass with recommended glass cleaning and inspect gasket.
- Cleaning the equipment’s exterior.
- Clean up around its base and underneath of the unit.
- All items around the fireplace are moved and a drop sheet is placed on the ground to protect the surrounding area of your home from any soot or debris that may exit the unit during cleaning.